99.2% Of all customers recommend us, we're so confident about our results we publish all reviews and statsView Live Stats View Reviews
Cross Cultural Awareness
Face to face public schedule & onsite training starts 6 July. Lunch currently unavailable.
- 1 day Instructor-led workshop
Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity can enable companies to recognise, incorporate and accept cultural diversity, resulting in successful collaboration to gain a competitive advantage, rather than risk costly misunderstandings, communication breakdowns, confrontation and conflict, quality and service issues, missed opportunities and lost reputation.
Living and working abroad in an unfamiliar culture can also be stressful for overseas assignees and inductees to the UK (your environment), as well as their partners and/or families, especially the process of relocating and settling in happily.
If your organisation, teams and people are to work effectively across country borders and their cultures, Cross-Cultural Awareness training could be the key to your success.
Our tailored programme is based on cross-cultural values & attitudes, cultural sensitivity, business etiquette and communication skills, social interactions, cultural differences between home and host country, local customs/traditions and culture shock.
STL may also be able to provide customised guidance to living and working in specific countries, so please contact us with your requirements
Who is this course for?
This programme will be of benefit if you:
- Need to work, manage and/or communicate effectively across cultural and language boundaries in international business
- Belong to a multicultural organisation and/or global team involved in multinational projects and programmes
- Interact with international employees, colleagues, customers, clients, associates and/or suppliers
- Travel overseas on business
- Assign or relocate employees abroad, including those accompanied by partners and/or families
- Offer foreign individuals (inductees) the opportunity to join your organisation in the UK
- Employ more culturally diverse staff
This Cross-Cultural Awareness programme is intended to provide the understanding, skills and tools for you to adapt your behaviour to work more effectively in a multicultural environment
BenefitsCulturally intelligent and competent employees bring numerous benefits to a global organisation. On completing this programme, they will have attained the knowledge and tools to:
- Understand key cultural differences within the workplace and possess practical cross-cultural communication, management and work skills
- Embrace cultural diversity more readily
- Build longer-lasting and trusting business relationships through an open attitude and cultural sensitivity
- Perform more effectively and productively in leadership roles, as company ambassadors, and in managing multicultural teams
- Strengthen team cohesiveness and effectiveness across all corporate functions
- Adjust quickly to unfamiliar cultures and business environments
- Appreciate local customs and traditions
- Transition more smoothly, confidently, competently and productively into new country assignments
- Reduce cultural misunderstandings, costly communication breakdowns, faux pas, failed assignments and/or early returns
- Lessen the impact of Culture Shock and settle in comfortably and happily to a different way of life and social network
- Reap a competitive advantage over your competition by investing in such long-term dividends.
Part 1: Understanding Cross Culture
Introduction and Personal Objectives
Defining Cultural Awareness
What is Cross-Culture? - An interactive discussion
Practical Exercises to experience a cross-cultural business scenarios
Clarifying Attitudes & Values across Cultures
Components of communicating successfully across cultures
Attitudes & Values
Types of Culture
Recognising similarities and differences between your Attitudes & Values, and theirs
Developing Cultural Sensitivity
Identifying differences & gaps in Communication Styles
Where might problems arise in business?
Strategies to achieve a productive relationship
Part 2: Living & Working in a specific country
Identify potential differences in the Business Environment
Anticipate possible Social Interactions as you settle in
Deal with Culture Shock on arriva
What you get
"What do I get on the day?"
Training is held in our modern, comfortable, air-conditioned suites.
Lunch is provided at a local restaurant or pub. Browse the sample menus:
Breaks and timing
Courses start at 9:30am.
Please aim to be with us for 9:15am.
Joining information (how to get to our venues)
Available throughout the day:
- Hot beverages
- Clean, filtered water