99.3% Of all customers recommend us, we're so confident about our results we publish all reviews and statsView Live Stats View Reviews
- 1 day Instructor-led workshop
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their interactions with other people by using complimentary Transactions – a term that refers to the communication exchanges between two people based on the work of Eric Berne. If you have ever wondered why you keep repeating the same patterns of behaviour and get the same responses from the same person – this could show you why and how to break that pattern for the better!
By the end of one day workshop delegates will be able to:
- Understand that our experience of the world leads to an understanding of how we relate to ourselves and others
- Regard people as capable of change, growth, and healthy interactions
- Understand how “Ego States” effect Transactions between two people
- Practice the benefits of working from different “Ego States” and developing complimentary Transactions with another person
The roles of the “Ego States”: “Parent” – taught concept “Adult” – felt concept and “Child” – learned concept
Recognising how a consistent pattern of feeling and experience can directly relate to a corresponding consistent pattern of behavior in another person
Breaking those patterns!
“Strokes” – units of recognition that we all crave
Recognising another person either verbally or non-verbally
The powerful effects of Positive and Negative “Strokes”
A Transaction – a fundamental method of social intercourse
Transactional stimulus and Transactional response
Taking things forward
What you get
Training is held in our modern, comfortable, air-conditioned suites
"What do I get on the day?"
Lunch is provided at a local restaurant or pub. Browse the sample menus:
Breaks and timing
Courses start at 9:30am.
Please aim to be with us for 9:15am.
Joining information (how to get to our venues)
Available throughout the day:
- Hot beverages
- Clean, filtered water