99.2% Of all customers recommend us, we're so confident about our results we publish all reviews and statsView Live Stats View Reviews
Managers and Stress in the Workplace
- 1 day Instructor-led workshop
The 2-day course will include the exploration of initiatives for those managers who want to design and introduce a strategy for keeping their staff in good health across the board.
Who is this course for?
Often it is those at the top of their game and leaders of companies who, whilst advocating stress management comprehension and classes for their staff, often neglect to look after themselves. This course is for Company Directors, Managers, Team Leaders and such like, whose role is to manage the office or factory-floor environment.
Work-related stress has a negative effect on workers and managers. It costs UK businesses millions of pounds annually in lost time and productivity. Delegates will:
- identify their main stressors,
- develop and implement effective approaches to both preventing and managing anxiety at work
- and enable them to properly assess the business case for creating a stress-free working environment.
BenefitsDuring this course you will:
- Define stress and dispel common misunderstandings
- Identify the main causes of stress in your working environment
- Consider the various responses to stress
- Consider the impact stress can have on an individual’s ability to perform optimally
- Develop a range of stress reduction techniques
- Discuss the business case for cultivating a stress-free working environment
What is stress?
Common misunderstandings about stress
Other reactions triggering stress
Causes and impact of stress in the work environment
Stress triggers and stressors
How does stress affect your productivity?
Body, behaviours thinking, feelings
The stress cycle
Stress, the brain and our emotions
How the brain deals with stress - The Amygdala
Responding to ‘fight or flight’
The connection between our emotions and thoughts
Stress reduction techniques
Change your relationship with anxiety
Workstyle and lifestyle changes
Healthy eating and hydration
Relaxation and sleep
Managing your energy
Diversifying your activities
10 top tips for reducing stress
The business case for reducing stress in the workplace
The financial impact stress can have on an organisation
Challenging and changing unhelpful thoughts
Developing a management stress reduction action plan
Creating a worker-friendly environment / improving work-life balance
Improving performance and productivity
Appreciating HSE Management Standards which provide a safe working environment for employers
How managers can recognise stress in staff and implement a programme of stress management for all.
What you get
Training is held in our modern, comfortable, air-conditioned suites
"What do I get on the day?"
Lunch is provided at a local restaurant or pub. Browse the sample menus:
Breaks and timing
Courses start at 9:30am.
Please aim to be with us for 9:15am.
Joining information (how to get to our venues)
Available throughout the day:
- Hot beverages
- Clean, filtered water