Public Schedule Face-to-Face & Virtual Instructor-Led Training - View dates & book

Forum home » Delegate support and help forum » Microsoft Word Training and help » Autotext


resolvedResolved · Low Priority · Version 2003

Margaret has attended:
Word Introduction course
Word Intermediate course


How do I locate autotext-I've forgotten

RE: Autotext

Hi Margaret

Thanks for your post

There are 2 ways to use autotext 1. go to the insert menu - autotext - and under normal click the one you need, or type the name of the autotext you want and then press enter

If this posting has helped in answering your query then I would request you to mark the posting as Resolved. If, however, it hasn

Fri 30 Jan 2009: Automatically marked as resolved.


Training courses


Training information:

Welcome. Please choose your application (eg. Excel) and then post your question.

Our Microsoft Qualified trainers will then respond within 24 hours (working days).

Frequently Asked Questions
What does 'Resolved' mean?

Any suggestions, questions or comments? Please post in the Improve the forum thread.


Word tip:

Making the first letter of a document bigger (drop caps)

Making the first letter of a document bigger than the other text around it gives a document a more 'story-book' look.

To achieve this effect:

1. Click to the left of the first word in the document.

2. Go to Format - Drop Cap.

3. Choose the Dropped option (middle of the three options at the top of the Drop Cap dialogue box).

4. Choose the font for the dropped cap and select how many lines it should 'drop down' in the paragraph (effectively, the height of the letter in lines).

5. If you would like to create a gap between the dropped cap and the text around it, use the Distance from Text option to achieve this.

6. Click OK.

To make adjustments to the dropped cap, simply click inside the frame that appears around the letter, and go to Format - Drop Cap again.

View all Word hints and tips

Server loaded in 0.07 secs.

✓ w3speedster