99.4% Of all customers recommend us, we're so confident about our results we publish all reviews and statsView Live Stats View Reviews
First-Line Management Development
- 1 day Instructor-led workshop
Who is this course for?
The workshop is for all those who are interested in, or are already in, a first-line of management role, as well as for those leading hands without full authority. It aims to help establish a good grounding of management skills which will help the delegate move forward in his/her role.
- Define what leadership is using directive/supportive strategies as appropriate
- Recognise the stages of development of one’s team
- Adapt one’s style to suit the situation appropriately
- Understand some of the disciplinary process
- Give constructive feedback to encourage a happy and productive workforce
- Enhance communications and influencing skills in role of intermediary between staff and director level
- Feel comfortable in managing performance and giving appraisals.
What do people look for in a manager?
Leadership as a learned behaviour
Types and styles of leadership
Forming and Developing Your Teams
Encouraging responsibility: Let them own and manage the work
Management does not mean managing everything
Strategy Outcome Board
Team Members, their behaviours and motivations
Developing a High Performing Team
Looking at Situational Leadership
Situational Leadership Model
How do you communicate through the hierarchical layers?
Applying the Model in various situations
The Disciplinary Process
Investigating a Complaints
Appraisals and Giving Feedback
Scenarios to elicit ways of giving feedback
BOOST and EECC Models
Coping with Criticism
Influencing Relationships Positively
Setting up the Six Step process for Coaching
What you get
Training is held in our modern, comfortable, air-conditioned suites
"What do I get on the day?"
Lunch is provided at a local restaurant or pub. Browse the sample menus:
Breaks and timing
Courses start at 9:30am.
Please aim to be with us for 9:15am.
Joining information (how to get to our venues)
Available throughout the day:
- Hot beverages
- Clean, filtered water